Proudly presented by EGA Futura: How to choose a Name for your Company and to ensure Success
If you have taken the decision of starting your own business, choosing a good name must be one of your priorities.
- To hire an expert that may develop the whole company image.
- To choose names that may call people’s attention.
- To think about your clients’ sensitivity and emotiveness.
- To test your creativity: 1)You may create a new word or a new combination, 2)Write the words with a different orthography.
- Once you have many options, it is very important to do a research so as to know if there is any copyright on your name.
- When you choose a proper name, you should start promoting it at once.
- Don’t panic, you must try to run your own business; every big enterprise was once a small office in the basement of a house.
- 70 % of the small enterprises are run by only one person.
- Small businesses create 13 times more trademarks than big companies.
How they got their names
- IKEA: The founder’s initials Ingvar Kamprad plus the initials of the village where he grew up, Elmtaryd Agunnaryd.
- Sharp: Was the first product’s name: “The ever-sharp pencil”.
- eBay: The first name was Echo Bay Technology Group, but when creating its webpage the address Echobay was not available, so they had to shorten it into eBay.
- Adobe: In honor of Adobe Creek that ran behind the house of the founder John Warnock.
- Lego: From Danish language “Leg Godt”, “Play Well”.
- Coca Cola: Was named like this because of the coca leaves and kola fruits to add the original flavor.